Sunday, March 21, 2010

The skull that glitters in gold.


This enchanting bird skull necklace was designed by fashion designer and close friend, Julius Arthur. He likes skulls, fur, black, gold and all that glitters and sparkles, all of which frequently have staring roles in his fashion designs and beautiful creations.
I managed to get hold of him to answer a few questions............

What inspires you?
Life, death and everything in between. I like to play with emotion and feeling.

What is your favourite thing you own?
I have two. One is a ring from my mother, she will always be important to me.
Two is a small skull charm that i wear everyday and reminds me of a girl I know.

What is the most irritating song in the world?
Betty Davis eyes.......... haha!

Who is the person most influential to you?
McQueen...R.I.P I don't hold many people within fashion or celebrity to be influential. My influence comes from my friends and surrounding.

where you when you heard McQueen had died?
I was sat at home, drawing my collection. I turned the news on and found out about it. It is very sad, and fashion and the world will miss him.

What is your favourite place in the world?
Cornwall, on the north coast. The views are so dramatic.

What is your favourite accent?
AMERICAN! you will defiantly win me over with that one.

What is your drink?
Vodka and D coke, with fresh lime. ( its dull but cant go wrong)

What was the last thing you bought?
weirdly enough it was a set of sheep vertebra for a hand bag.

How many pairs of shoes do you think you own?
Not that many now. I had a clear out. so about 10

How many fox tails do you own?
The collection is ever growing i have about 30 fur pieces.