Tuesday, April 5, 2011

House of Hackney


Last Wednesday I was very easily persuaded to go out with @helenafleur my number one source of what is good and where to go in London (and beyond).
I made my way over to Dalston for the House of Hackney pop up shop launch. As we walk in to the buzzing (why it was buzzing will be revealed) shop floor we are greeted with walls of fantastically printed wallpaper. We head down the stairs to Lilly Vanilli’s, a the private members cake club!!!! there were mini pink glittery scones and jam, shortbread and apple and champagne doughnuts! The little bar at the end was serving Absolut Vanilla espresso martinis RE: the buzzing....... ( I had 5 and managed to claim 3 hours of sleep that night)

The House of Hackney Designs had a strong link with fashion and this was illustrated in the dresses, the girls were wearing at the event.... they also pulled in the work of Photographer David Duna and stylists Celestine Cooney and Kimi O'Neil on these: