Monday, April 5, 2010

child of the 90s

The revival of crop tops, high tops, high waisted, pastels, double denim, floral denim, denim jackets, Pokemon is back, wispa golds are back , tie die came back and fazed out again pretty quickly and I even have a slap band... As a 90s child, over the last year these reinterpreted fashions has been a welcome invasion. With friends I have frequented Work It a night dedicated to the RnB and Hip Hop beats of the 90s in Dalston. I have also been getting very excited at the pictures posted by WAH Nails on Twitter [also a resident of the Kingsland road, Dalston], nail art being a very important part of my 90s experience- I seem to remember a pastel turquoise being colour of choice for posing for the camera holding up two fingers in a 'V'.

Peace.

Will Smith the Fresh Prince.